Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, May 18, 2007

It's Summertime!!!

Well, summer is finally here. Yay! Finals are a thing of the past, well at least for a few months. So what do these upcoming months entail for me? Well, I'm leaving mid-June to go home (Illinois) for a few weeks. Then from there I’m off to England to study abroad at Oxford for the month of July. God is so faithful. Many of you already know my Oxford story, but I’ll put a condensed version up, because it’s pretty cool. Basically, I heard about the study abroad trip in January and thought that it would be an amazing opportunity. A few months past & I forgot about it, but God didn’t. Little over a month ago, I was up late & I stumbled across the Oxford page on Regents website. I pulled up the application & really didn’t want to fill it out for fear of rejection. But as a sat there contemplating what to do, God was just like fill it out. So, I did. To be honest I still didn’t think I would get accepted. Less than a week later I received an acceptance letter.

I know I said this in my last post, but God will truly give us our desires (Psalms 37:4). He cares about every decision in our lives. So, if you’re discouraged today know that God is faithful. Know that He cares about every little detail of your life. Just lay your cares and worries down at His feet. I’ll leave you with some verses that have helped me greatly.

1 Peter 5:7, “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”

1 Corinthians 2:9, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."

Philippians 1:6, "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you said you "stumbled" across the Regent site about Oxford.
I, too, "stumbled" across the Regent University website in January and knew the Lord called me to come here. Like you, I was tempted to be fearful, but God has proved to be SO faithful!!! In providing housing, finances, relationships, etc here in VA beach!
I'm with you-He's a faithful God, to His faithful ones! -Psalm 18:25

Your blogs are very inspirational! I can see the wisdom and discernment the Lord has given you. Bless you!!! :)

The publisher/owner of this website, Alicia Blis, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.