Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, October 5, 2007

Dreams

n. A condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration

Alicia's definition: Dreams are desires and goals that give us something to strive for, they shape us and keep us going, they add enjoyment to this life...


It's funny because a few years ago I had a notion of what I wanted to do with my life career wise. It consisted of me graduating with a degree in Government & then going on to law school. From there working in government & eventually becoming a judge. I still have those dreams, but over the past year God has completely expanded my notions.

As the days go by my dreams are morphing into His... It's amazing. Just lately it's like God's slowly unveiling His plan for my life. His plan consists of things that I never had a desire or passion to do, but now they have become my hearts very desire. He has changed the desires of my heart to match what He wants for me, what He knows I need. He’s awakened desires that have been dormant. He’s molding my heart more and more into who He wants me to be, and He lines up my desires for myself with His desires for me.

Proverbs 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, But happy is he who keeps the law.”

Having a vision or dream for our lives is important. Dreams can easily be lost through failures, lies of the enemy, relationships… but all hope is not lost. God gives us our dreams, if we seek Him He’ll revive the dreams that were lost or stolen from us. We can then have the freedom to walk out our calling and see those dreams come to past.

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Alicia Blis, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.